The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1458 New windshield and moldings.

OpticalPhenom

1458 got New glass today. Went with a universal style molding. I like it a lot better. What do you guys think? Sorry about that. Picture is contained below.

Last edited:

GEDengineering

Could you post some more info regarding what type of molding you used and how it was installed. Also could you please post an image.

Thank you
GED

OpticalPhenom

I am, and as far as i can foresee will continue to be Nick. Yes.

89Mirageman

Looks great. If I didn't know what it was suppose to look like I'd never know the difference. Actually if you wouldn't have pointed it out I never would have realized it to be honest.

Last edited:

OpticalPhenom

As for details on the molding, i don't really have any. When the guy showed up to replace the windshield we found almost all of the molding clips broken. I asked if he had any universal molding trim. He did. Said they carry it on all of their trucks. We test fit the glass with the molding and i think my choice was obvious. You won't be able to just replace your factory molding with this. There is adhesive in the channel that sticks to the glass and upon install the urethane that holds the glass in also adheres to the molding. As far as brand goes i don't know. Your local glass company should be able to hook you up though. It's a very common style on most cars.

OpticalPhenom

89mirageman, glad to see you over here. I guess it's just the natural progression for guys like us huh? Small group of enthusiasts.

GEDengineering

The molding does really make the car look a thousand time better going to find out what it would cost to remove my glass and reinstall it with a new molding

Coltsfan

That's pretty cool. I never even considered that when I replaced my windshield recently. Now I'm kinda surprised it didn't come that way originally.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I tried doing this a couple years ago when I had a cracked windshield, but the guy did not have the right width with him at the time. I would have had to wait a couple days. Ask in advance if you plan to do this.

Now you need to paint the side window trim for sure!

89Mirageman

Quoting OpticalPhenom:
89mirageman, glad to see you over here. I guess it's just the natural progression for guys like us huh? Small group of enthusiasts.

Actually this in one of those places you never leave, even when you sell your GVR4. BTW, I just got around to painting and installing the GT bodykit/spoiler that I bought from you about a year ago. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

OpticalPhenom

LoL the side window trim is the worst thing aesthetically about the car. That says something because right now it's 3 colors!i hadn't searched it yet but is there a good write up about it?

Fiascoxl

Nice, looks like the same molding used when I had a windshield replaced on a 2g Talon I had. I also had my windshield replaced on #740 two weeks ago. They did it while I was working and to my amazement they actually reused my old trim and it looks like it was never touched!

G

Staff member
Looks nice. Most of the windshield clips are nla anyway.

r4pt0x

looks really nice. If i hadn't already used new stock ones on mine I would also consider this... The stock ones are a PITA to install, especially the side moldings because they have to be twisted a bit to follow the A-pillar.

If anyone is interested: i have a set of brand new moldings for the galant hatchback (sold as eterna on some markets) I don't need any more. bought them together with a windshield for my FWD galant but never installed it.

OpticalPhenom

I thought you guys would like this option. I actually verified i would like the look while searching through old posts here. Someone had their car done and took pictures.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned